International competition of scientific works of young scientists and students " Assessment of regulatory impact in state and municipal management"
Nozhenko Dmitry Yuryevich scientific supervisor of the competition, Doctor of Law, Head of the Department of State and Municipal Administration, USUE
The international competition of scientific works of young scientists and students "Assessment of the regulatory impact in state and municipal administration" is held by the Ural State University of Economics (USUE), the Ural Branch of the Free Economic Society of Russia with the support of the Ministry of Economy and Territorial Development of the Sverdlovsk Region, the Administration of Ekaterinburg city.
In the context of changing modern approaches to the principles of state regulation of the economy and the transition from better regulation to smart regulation, the demand for regulatory impact assessment as one of the tools for implementing this process is expanding.
The participation of young people in the law-making process through the implementation of an expert assessment of normative legal acts and the development of proposals for improving the efficiency of public administration of the national economy contributes to the legal education of young people, the formation of a civil position and the involvement of future specialists in the activities of civil society institutions, as well as the adoption of objective power decisions in all areas of legal regulation.
The objectives of the competition are:
- creation of an information platform for educating young people, instilling in them the skills to participate in government by means of regulatory impact assessment;
- attracting the attention of young people as a potential and real participant in the assessment of regulatory impact to the problems of public participation in government;
- creation of a platform for the exchange of views and experience in the field of regulatory impact assessment;
- summarizing the best practices for conducting regulatory impact assessments in countries and regions;
- generalization of problems and development of recommendations for improving the efficiency of regulatory impact assessment for the transition to a new model of state regulation.
The participants of the Competition are students, graduate students, applicants for a scientific degree, young scientists employees of universities, academic institutions in Russia and foreign countries, as well as employees of other interested organizations aged 18 to 35 years.
Research papers are submitted for the Competition in the following areas:
- Regulatory Impact Assessment - Two-Way Road.
- Strategic partnership of authorities, business and NGOs in the public discussion of draft laws;
- Evidence-based policy and evaluation of the effectiveness of state and municipal projects
Applications for participation in the Competition, competitive works and abstracts of works are submitted until March 20th, 2023 through the registration system of the site.
The lists of the finalists of the competition invited to face-to-face defense of works and to participate in the final events of the Forum will be published on the competition page from April 1st to April 10th, 2023.
Full-time defense will take place on April 26th, 2023 from 10:30 to 15:30, awarding on April 27th, 2023 from 11.30 to 13:30
The final will be held in person, in some cases, by decision of the organizing committee of the competition, remote participation is possible.
Registered participants and speakers get access to USUE cloud resources based on the MS Office 365 platform and connect to interactive sessions within the events through teams created in MicrosoftTeams.
The winners and prize-winners of the Competition are awarded with diplomas, orders and cash prizes:
- 15,000 rubles - for 1st place,
- 10,000 rubles - for 2nd place,
- 5,000 rubles - for 3rd place
The winners of the Competition, awarded with the Diploma of the 1st degree, are awarded points for individual achievements in admission to study at USUE for master's programs (2 points).
Based on the results of the final events, it is planned to release a collection of materials of the XIII EEYF, where the abstracts of the finalists of the Competition will be posted. The collection will be posted in the RSCI and on the website of the Ural State University of Economics.