International competition of scientific articles for young scientists and students «Problems of Economic Theory and Behavioral Economics»
Rakhmeeva Irina Igorevna Scientific Supervisor of the Competition, Doctor of Economics, Acting Head of the Department of Economic Theory and Applied Sociology, USUE
The international competition of scientific articles by young scientists and students "Problems of Economic Theory and Behavioral Economics" is held by the Ural State University of Economics (USUE) in cooperation with the Institute of Economics of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Institute of Economics of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences), the Ural Branch of the Free Economic Society Russia.
The organizer of the competition is the USUE Institute of Economics and Finance and the Department of Economic Theory and Applied Sociology.
The purpose of the Competition is to create an information platform for young scientists and students to exchange opinions and experience in the field of solving economic problems from the perspective of various schools and trends, in particular, to consider the problem of interaction between the modern economy and the achievements of psychological science, institutional and new institutional economic theory.
Objectives of the Competition:
- attracting the attention of young people to the new requirements for specialists in the conditions of automation and informatization of the modern economy;
- generalization of various directions of practical application of modern economic theory;
- generalization of problems and development of recommendations on the possibility of using the theoretical provisions of modern economic theory in the analysis and evaluation of real economic processes and the actions of various institutional structures.
The participants of the Competition are students, graduate students, applicants for a scientific degree, young scientists from universities, academic institutions of Russia and the CIS countries, as well as employees of other interested organizations aged 18 to 35 years.
Scientific articles for the Competition can only be submitted by individual authors.
Scientific articles are sent to the Competition in the following areas:
- The evolution of coordination mechanisms in the modern economy. The theory of contracts and the theory of auctions.
- Creativity and innovativeness of consumers: evolution of preferences: non-standard preferences, socially oriented preferences.
- Non-standard decision-making under risk and uncertainty.
- "Information cascades", the asymmetry of "information waves" and their impact on economic thinking, the capital of socially oriented thinking.
- Behavioral basis of interaction in a virtual environment, artificial intelligence and its application in the modern economy.
- Problems of "paternalism" in the modern economy.
Applications for participation in the Competition, competition articles are submitted until March 20, 2023 through the registration system of the site.
The list of finalists of the competition, invited to full-time defense of works and to participate in the final events of the Forum, will be published on the competition page from April 1 to April 10, 2023.
Full-time defense will take place on April 26, 2023 from 10:30 to 15:30, awarding - April 27, 2023.
The final will be held in person, in some cases, by decision of the organizing committee of the competition, remote participation is possible.
Registered participants and speakers get access to USUE cloud resources based on the MS Office 365 platform and connect to interactive sessions within the events through teams created in Microsoft Teams.
The winners and prize-winners of the Competition are awarded with diplomas, orders and cash prizes:
- 15 000 RUB - for 1st place
- 10,000 RUB - for 2nd place
- 5,000 RUB - for 3rd place
The finalists who take 4th and 5th places will be awarded certificates for 4th and 5th respectively.
The winners of the Competition, awarded with the Diploma of the 1st degree, are awarded points for individual achievements when they are admitted to study at USUE for master's programs (2 points).
Based on the results of the final events, it is planned to release a collection of materials of the XIII EEYF, where the articles of the finalists of the Competition will be posted. The collection will be posted in the Russian Scientific Citation Index and on the website of the Ural State University of Economics.